Toronto Public Library Homepage

Career & Job Search

Icon of the event Rseume Centre
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm on recurring dates listed below
Location: Lillian H. Smith

Job search help with 2 hour computer window. Learn about the Career Cruising database and get help reviewing your resume. And 5 free resume copies. Drop-in.


Upcoming Dates:
Thu Mar 22
Thu Apr 19
Thu May 17
Icon of the event Hidden Job Market
Fri Mar 30, 2018 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Location: Albert Campbell

An employment counsellor from Neighbourhood Link will teach you how to locate and use resources for accessing the hidden job market, how to establish and develop networking contacts, and where to find unadvertised job opening...

Icon of the event Red Cross Babysitting Course
Sat Apr 07, 2018 | 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Maryvale

Learn basic first aid and caregiving skills. Get qualified and start earning money as a babysitter. Learn to cope with common and non-life threatening emergencies. Learn also to manage a babysitting business....

Icon of the event Where are the Jobs?
Tue Apr 10, 2018 | 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: Dufferin/St.Clair

Labour Market Information (LMI) can lead you to new job opportunities; highlight job and career trends; and provide details on industry qualifications and working conditions. This workshop offers you the opportunity to access...

Icon of the event Excel Basics Part I
Thu Apr 26, 2018 | 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Location: Toronto Reference Library

Learn to open, create and edit a simple table using Microsoft Excel. Basic keyboarding and mouse skills required. To register please call 416-393-7209. Presented by the User Education Department.

Icon of the event Resume Writing
Fri Apr 27, 2018 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Albert Campbell

An employment counsellor from Neighbourhood Link will show you how to create a job-winning resume by choosing proper resume structure and style, using professional formatting, and creating strong and memorable accomplishment ...

Icon of the event Bold & Beautiful: Makeup workshop
Sat Apr 28, 2018 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Location: Cedarbrae

Explore the beauty within you and celebrate your uniqueness. In this transformative workshop, participants will explore and discuss issues facing teen girls through engaging interactive exercises. A free makeup demonstration...

Icon of the event Contacting Employers
Tue May 08, 2018 | 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: Dufferin/St.Clair

About 20% of all job vacancies are advertised ? the other 80% are hidden to the traditional job seeker. This workshop will help you to tap into the hidden job market and will provide you with the tools to use this job search ...

Icon of the event Red Cross Babysitting Full-Day Course
Sat May 12, 2018 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Fairview

Get your babysitting certification on Saturday, May 12, 2018, from 9am-5pm. This one-day course teaches you how to safely babysit infants and young children, and covers information and exercises on diapering, feeding, age-app...

Icon of the event Job Interview Skills
Fri May 25, 2018 | 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Albert Campbell

An employment counsellor from Neighbourhood Link will teach you interview preparation secrets, what to expect from different types of interviews, questions to anticipate and strategies for answering them, and what to do after...