There is a lot of information available about Ancient Egypt and this pathfinder points towards some of the best. It will help you find websites, books, videos, databases and other resources. If you need more help, be sure to ask at your local library.
Make a mummy, learn about the gods, how to count in Egyptian and more.
Lots of information on mummies, tombs and the afterlife. Activities include excavating secret messages, planning your afterlife and learning hieroglyphs.
Excellent introduction to temples, pyramids, mummification and all things Egyptian. Interactive activities teach Egyptian writing, numbers, games, chronology and geography.
The Carnegie Museum of Natural History has some good pictures of objects they own that were created in Ancient Egypt. The print is small but there is good information.
Daily life of the pharaohs right down to the farmers as well as mythology, writing, mummies, hieroglyphics and some great pictures of it all.
Investigate the significant innovations of this ancient civilization. It includes society, culture, religion, agriculture and more. It's not written for children but has good information.
This has several pages on Hieroglyphs, numbers, fractions and includes links to other sites. Downloads cost money.
Walk around the Sphinx, enter the Great Pyramid, visit tombs and temples, and more.
- Q. What did King Tut say when he was scared?
A. I want my mummy! - Sent in by Lisa, 10
Find More at the Library
- To locate more books, use the suggested call numbers, keywords, and phrases to search the library catalogue.
Call numbers to browse
- 299.31 Egyptian gods and goddesses
- 932 Ancient Egyptian history
Suggested subject headings for catalogue
- Egypt -- Antiquities -- Juvenile literature
- Egypt -- Civilization -- To 332 B.C. -- Juvenile literature
- Goddesses, Egyptian -- Juvenile literature
- Gods, Egyptian -- Juvenile literature
- Mummies -- Egypt -- Juvenile literature
- Mythology, Egyptian -- Juvenile literature
- Pharaohs -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- Pyramids -- Egypt -- Juvenile literature