Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Edith L. Groves Vocational School for Girls, formerly Protestant Orphans' Home, Dovercourt Road, southwest corner of St. Anne's Road, Toronto, Ont. Open in full size

Edith L. Groves Vocational School for Girls, formerly Protestant Orphans' Home, Dovercourt Road, southwest corner of St. Anne's Road, Toronto, Ont.

Picture, 1927, English

Edith L. Groves Vocational School for Girls, formerly Protestant Orphans' Home, Dovercourt Road, southwest corner of St. Anne's Road, Toronto, Ont.

Picture, 1927, English

Notes

Edith L. Groves was a vocational school for special needs girls located in the former Protestant Orphan's Home on Dovercourt. It operated there from 1926 until closing in 1962. It was replaced by Heydon Park Secondary School.

Rights and Licenses

Toronto Star License

Provenance

From the Toronto Star Archives

File Location:

Canada - Ontario - Toronto - Schools - C

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Toronto Star Photo Archive

Call Number / Accession Number

tspa_0114815f