Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Toronto Public Library, Earlscourt Branch (1913-1921), Boon Avenue, west side, north of Ascot Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Open in full size

Toronto Public Library, Earlscourt Branch (1913-1921), Boon Avenue, west side, north of Ascot Avenue, Toronto, Ontario.

Picture, 1914, English

Toronto Public Library, Earlscourt Branch (1913-1921), Boon Avenue, west side, north of Ascot Avenue, Toronto, Ontario.

Picture, 1914, English

Notes

Earlscourt Branch, Toronto Public Library's 13th branch, opened on 19 December 1913 in leased quarters in the old Boon Avenue Methodist Church, constructed in 1906, and later known as Peter Bryce Hall. The second, larger church building, known as Earlscourt Methodist Church, is visible in back of the image.
Image published in the Toronto Star, 19 December 1913, page 1.

Caption:

Earlscourt Branch Library Opened. Mayor Hocken to officiate. To-night the new Branch Library for the Earlscourt district will be formally opened. The library is at the corner of Boon and Ascot streets, and excellent accommodation has been secured by the Library Board. The Mayor will officiate.

Rights and Licenses

Toronto Star License

Provenance

From the Toronto Star Archives

File Location:

Canada - Ontario - Toronto - Libraries - Miscellaneous

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Toronto Star Photo Archive

Call Number / Accession Number

tspa_0114003f