Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Cross on the tower of the stately home at 25 Augusta Ave. gives a hint that it is a convent. It is owned by the Felician Sisters who bought it in 1937 from the Salvation Army. Built in 1876 by the Leadlay family it was taken over by the Army in 1906. Open in full size

Cross on the tower of the stately home at 25 Augusta Ave. gives a hint that it is a convent. It is owned by the Felician Sisters who bought it in 1937 from the Salvation Army. Built in 1876 by the Leadlay family it was taken over by the Army in 1906.

Picture, 1976, English

Cross on the tower of the stately home at 25 Augusta Ave. gives a hint that it is a convent. It is owned by the Felician Sisters who bought it in 1937 from the Salvation Army. Built in 1876 by the Leadlay family it was taken over by the Army in 1906.

Picture, 1976, English

Rights and Licenses

Toronto Star License

Provenance

From the Toronto Star Archives

File Location:

Canada - Ontario - Toronto - Historic - Residences - E to H

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Toronto Star Photo Archive

Call Number / Accession Number

tspa_0112992f