Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Anglicans, Presbyterians and United Churchmen have lent large sums of money at four percent interest to help finance erection of St. Matthew's church, first Lutheran church in Scarboro. Tomorrow, the $ 185,000 church at Lawrence Ave. E. and old Danforth Rd, will be dedicated. Rev. Theodore Pelikan is pastor of church. Open in full size

Anglicans, Presbyterians and United Churchmen have lent large sums of money at four percent interest to help finance erection of St. Matthew's church, first Lutheran church in Scarboro. Tomorrow, the $ 185,000 church at Lawrence Ave. E. and old Danforth Rd, will be dedicated. Rev. Theodore Pelikan is pastor of church.

Picture, 1957, English

Anglicans, Presbyterians and United Churchmen have lent large sums of money at four percent interest to help finance erection of St. Matthew's church, first Lutheran church in Scarboro. Tomorrow, the $ 185,000 church at Lawrence Ave. E. and old Danforth Rd, will be dedicated. Rev. Theodore Pelikan is pastor of church.

Picture, 1957, English

Notes

Published in Toronto Daily Star, 14 December 1957, page 10, with article "Men of Other Faiths Lend Money to Help Build Lutheran Church"
St. Matthew's Lutheran Church located south of Lawrence Avenue East, east of McCowan Road. (43.755029, -79.24248)

Rights and Licenses

Toronto Star License

Provenance

From the Toronto Star Archives

File Location:

Canada - Ontario - Scarborough - Churches

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Toronto Star Photo Archive

Call Number / Accession Number

tspa_0108010f