Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Area landmark: The twin spires of the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception modelled after the cathedral in Cologne; West Germany have been the first sight to great travellers to the Guelph area since they were completed in 1926. The land for the church was given to Bishop Macdonell in 1827 by John Galt; founder of the city. Some of the city's smaller industries have been hard-hit by the recession. Open in full size

Area landmark: The twin spires of the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception modelled after the cathedral in Cologne; West Germany have been the first sight to great travellers to the Guelph area since they were completed in 1926. The land for the church was given to Bishop Macdonell in 1827 by John Galt; founder of the city. Some of the city's smaller industries have been hard-hit by the recession.

Picture, 1982, English

Area landmark: The twin spires of the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception modelled after the cathedral in Cologne; West Germany have been the first sight to great travellers to the Guelph area since they were completed in 1926. The land for the church was given to Bishop Macdonell in 1827 by John Galt; founder of the city. Some of the city's smaller industries have been hard-hit by the recession.

Picture, 1982, English

Rights and Licenses

Toronto Star License

Provenance

From the Toronto Star Archives

File Location:

Canada - Ontario - Guelph

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Toronto Star Photo Archive

Call Number / Accession Number

tspa_0106438f