Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Algonquin Tavern Open in full size

Algonquin Tavern

Picture, 1955,

Algonquin Tavern

Picture, 1955,

Notes

Lot 22, Con. 1 east. Algonquin Tavern on the east side of Yonge Street in Newtonbrook. The tavern sat on John Elliot’s farmland (bought in 1910), in a building that was originally an old barn, but was moved to Yonge Street and converted into living quarters. Algonquin Tavern was run by the Elliots from 1936 to 1952, when it was sold. It remained open until it was demolished in 1986.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © Toronto Public Library

Medium

Negative

Extent

60 x 60 mm

Branch

North York Central Library

Location

Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

TC 68