Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Fish Mill, Bayview bridge Open in full size

Fish Mill, Bayview bridge

Picture, 1955,

Fish Mill, Bayview bridge

Picture, 1955,

Notes

Lot 25, Con. 1 east. Looking north-east up Bayview Avenue towards Steeles Avenue, across bridge over East Don River. Taken from the Mazo de la Roche property. The Fish Mill is visible on the north-east corner of the intersection. This mill was built around 1830 by Benjamin Fish and later owned by Charles Parsons (1866), James Reith (1878), H. B. Schmidt (1883), W. H. Lever (1920), and finally Angus A. Macdonald (1938), who was an artist and turned the mill into a residence. The mill was torn down in 1965, when the intersection of Bayview and Steeles was widened.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © Toronto Public Library

Medium

Negative

Extent

60 x 60 mm

Branch

North York Central Library

Location

Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

TC 54C