Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Clarence Bales farm Open in full size

Clarence Bales farm

Picture, 1955,

Clarence Bales farm

Picture, 1955,

Notes

Lot 16, Con. 1 west. Looking southeast at the intersection of Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue, taken from the front of the Dempsey Brothers Store. On the left is a Bank of Toronto branch. The background of the photo shows the abandoned farmhouse built by Joseph Christie Bales (Con. 1 east, Lot 15), last inhabited by Clarence Bales. The house was demolished soon after for the construction of a shopping centre. The photo also shows a billboard for Simpson’s department store, a Globe and Mail paper box, and a TTC stop.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © Toronto Public Library

Medium

Negative

Extent

60 x 60 mm

Branch

North York Central Library

Location

Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

TC 24A