Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Cummer residence Open in full size

Cummer residence

Picture, 1956,

Cummer residence

Picture, 1956,


Lot 23, Con. 1 east. 6059 Yonge Street. Built in 1819, this house was purchased by Elihu Pease and Katherine Cummer in 1820, and was passed down to brothers Daniel and David Cummer and their families in 1832. Katherine Cummer was the daughter of Jacob Cummer, an early settler of the area. Pease was a schoolteacher and farmer. The house was demolished April 3, 1964.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © Toronto Public Library




60 x 60 mm


North York Central Library


Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

TC 115