Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Room in Captain John De Cew's House (Thorold, Ontario) Open in full size

Room in Captain John De Cew's House (Thorold, Ontario)

Room in Captain John De Cew's House (Thorold, Ontario)

Notes

Catalogued June 1985
Inscribed in pencil, vso (trimmed): [...] / [...o]ld house was built by Capt John De C[ew...] / [...] house is now occupied 1913 by Mr. M.J. Grif[fiths...] / [...] Griffiths stocked the surrounding country [...] / [...] young Pheasants and Hungarian Part[ridge...]
The house was the headquarters of Lieutenant James Fitzgibbon while at Beaver Dams during the War of 1812.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour over pencil, with ruled border in pencil and opaque white, on watercolour board

Extent

144 x 193 mm

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1346 Cab IV (Cotton)