Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

McGill, John, 'McGill Cottage', Church St., w. side, betw. Queen & Shuter Sts.; looking n. Open in full size

McGill, John, 'McGill Cottage', Church St., w. side, betw. Queen & Shuter Sts.; looking n.

Picture, 1912, English

McGill, John, 'McGill Cottage', Church St., w. side, betw. Queen & Shuter Sts.; looking n.

Picture, 1912, English

Notes

After a pen & ink drawing by C. W. Jefferys, ca 1888? (B 1-74a) reproduced in Evening Telegram series 'Landmarks of Toronto' 5 January 1889, and in Landmarks of Toronto v.1, p.224. Note on mount of Jefferys drawing: "From the original Drawing owned by Miss McCutcheon" (see E 5-107f)(185?). Former printed JRR caption referred to "now (1912)". House later occupied by James McCutcheon and then by Peter McGill McCutcheon. See also TORONTO/HOUSES/'McGILL COTTAGE'; See also TORONTO/HOUSES/McCUTCHEON Date Created year approximate for 1912?
Inscribed l.l.: P.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour.

Extent

145 x 211 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 911