Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) Open in full size

St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Picture, 1911, English

St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Picture, 1911, English

Notes

Inscribed in orange watercolour, l.r.: Owen Staples 1911. Frame (stored separately) has gilt cardboard nameplate with letterpress: ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, NIAGARA / The first Church opened in 1809; destroyed by Americans 1813; rebuilt / 1816-18; consecrated 1828. The transepts were added in 1843
Mackenzie & Co., framing label, formerly laid down dust cover (now in Acc. File), dated Sept. 1911. JRR (1912) 429

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour and gouache over pencil on wove paper. Laid down on cardboard

Extent

477 x 626 mm

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1274 Cab IV (Staples)