Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

St. James' Anglican Cathedral (opened 1853), King St. E., n.e. corner Church St. Open in full size

St. James' Anglican Cathedral (opened 1853), King St. E., n.e. corner Church St.

Picture, 1867, English

St. James' Anglican Cathedral (opened 1853), King St. E., n.e. corner Church St.

Picture, 1867, English

Notes

Photograph by Octavius Thompson; plate 6 in his 'Toronto in the camera', Toronto, 1868 (cop. 2). This photograph is also in copies 1 & 3 of the book. Library has another print (982-27-54) of this photograph, mounted in a scrapbook, as well as a copy photograph from that specific print (E 4-4a; the half plate glass copy negative, E 9-134, has been lost)

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Photograph

Call Number / Accession Number

Z 2-6