Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Open in full size

"The Wilderness", King Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Picture, 1911, English

"The Wilderness", King Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Picture, 1911, English

Notes

"The Wilderness" was built 1816-1817 by William Claus. JRR(1912) 110
Inscribed in orange watercolour, l.r.: Owen Staples 1911.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour and gouache over pencil on wove paper. Laid down on cardboard

Extent

498 x 700 mm.

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1272 Cab IV (Staples)