Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The Western Home for Girls, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario) Open in full size

The Western Home for Girls, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

The Western Home for Girls, Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Notes

Inscribed in pen & black ink, l.r.: 'Owen Staples'. ; In erased pencil, b.: Miss Old Court House {?] 1817.; In pencil, vso t.: The Western Home for Girls Niagara, 1910 / was the Court house in 1817
Originally built as a jail and court house, in 1869 the building became 'Our Western Home', operated by Maria Rye. JRR(1912) 100

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Pen & black ink and watercolour on 2-ply laminated wove paper

Extent

296 x 369 mm

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1261 Cab IV (Staples)