Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Adelaide St. E., n.w. corner Church St. Open in full size

Adelaide St. E., n.w. corner Church St.

Picture, 1890, English

Adelaide St. E., n.w. corner Church St.

Picture, 1890, English

Notes

A line photomechanical print, after a drawing which is after the photograph, is in The Evening Telegram, Toronto, 12 May 1890, p. 3, and in Landmarks of Toronto, vol. 2, p. 685. TEC 443C.
Inscribed in pen and black ink, album page below print: (b) Two brick buildings on N.W. corner of Adelaide and Church Sts. The building at corner was first office of British Colonist newspaper in 1838. / Vol.II.P.685.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Silver printing-out paper print. Laid down on cardboard album page

Extent

111 x 182 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

B 11-36b