Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The Clifton House (Niagara Falls, Ontario) in 1898 Open in full size

The Clifton House (Niagara Falls, Ontario) in 1898

Picture, 1913, English

The Clifton House (Niagara Falls, Ontario) in 1898

Picture, 1913, English

Notes

After a photograph by Harry Brown showing the burning of the hotel, 26 June 1898 (a copy photograph of which, col. with watercolour, is Acc. JRR 1251); perhaps also partly after a copy photograph, col. with watercolour (Acc. JRR 1252).
Inscribed in orange watercolour, l.r.: 0 S; In pencil, vso c.: Clifton House

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour, touches of gouache, over pencil, on cardboard

Extent

200 x 246 mm

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1276 Cab IV (Staples)