Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The First St. James' Church (1807-1818), Toronto, in 1816. Open in full size

The First St. James' Church (1807-1818), Toronto, in 1816.

Picture, 1910, English

The First St. James' Church (1807-1818), Toronto, in 1816.

Picture, 1910, English

Notes

After a wood engraving by Michael Hannaford in History of Toronto and County of York, 1885, vol. 1, opp. p. 222, and also in Landmarks of Toronto vol. 1, opp. p. 502. The Hannaford wood engraving is after a wood engraving in Ernest Hawkins, Annals of the Diocese of Toronto, London, 1848, which is after a pen & ink sketch by George W. Allan, 1847. Date Created decade accurate; year, month and day unknown for 191?
Inscribed in pencil, l.r.: Owen Staples.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Etching on wove paper.

Extent

112 x 140 mm; sheet 158 x 206 mm

Contributor

Allan, George William (1822-1901), after

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 4544