Snider, house, 744 Duplex Ave., w. side, betw. Lytton & Alexandra Blvds. Open in full size

Snider, house, 744 Duplex Ave., w. side, betw. Lytton & Alexandra Blvds.

Picture, 1923, English

Snider, house, 744 Duplex Ave., w. side, betw. Lytton & Alexandra Blvds.

Picture, 1923, English

Notes

A half-tone block after the print is in The Globe, Toronto, 31 May 1923, p. 13, with letterpress t.: LANDMARK CHANGES HANDS; b.: No. 744 Duplex avenue, as it is now prosaically known, is one of / North Toronto's oldest houses, built, it is believed, 75 years ago by the / original Crown grantee of much of the acreage in the vicinity. Atten- / tion is drawn to it through its change of ownership. Date Created year accurate; month and day unknown for 1923
Inscribed in pencil, vso c.: 744 Duplex Avenue / North Toronto; vso u.l.: 2 Cols / City [within circle]; vso right: Couldnt get [?] Blinkarm [?] re this; vso l.l.: See Eric

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Gelatin-silver print.

Extent

127 x 179 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

X 65-38