Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Museum in an Old Toronto Mansion (1893?). Open in full size

Museum in an Old Toronto Mansion (1893?).

Museum in an Old Toronto Mansion (1893?).

Notes

After a photograph (Acc. B 12-11 ). A pen and ink drawing by Robert W. Semple (Acc. B 1-76a) after the same photograph was drawn (reversed) to make the line photomechanical print in The Evening Telegram, Toronto, 29 July 1893, p. 4, cols. 2-4, and in Landmarks of Toronto, vol. 2, opp. p. 782. The ornithological museum was originally the dining room in William Allan's "Moss Park", Sherbourne St., w. side, s. of Shuter St. See also TORONTO/HOUSES/"MOSS PARK".
Inscribed in pencil, platinum print u.l.: 5 1/8 6 1/2 [?]; mount vso l.r. (trimmed): [...]76 / [...]-783; mount vso c.: 2308

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour over charcoal on wove paper. Laid down on platinum print laid down on cardboard

Extent

135 x 169 mm

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 874 Cab