Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The Open in full size

The "Cooke" Presbyterian Church, Toronto

Picture, 1860, English

The "Cooke" Presbyterian Church, Toronto

Picture, 1860, English

Notes

Inscribed on the stone, b.: Tho. S. Wagner's lith. 38 Franklin Place Phil. / THE "COOKE" PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH TORONTO, C.W. / Rev WILLIAM GREGG Pastor. / Published by Joseph M. Wilson No. 111 South 10th. St. Phila.; Inscribed in pencil, l.r.: 1859
This impression has been removed from the almanac. Xerox copies of relevant pages of the almanac are in Artists File-Wagner. The almanac, p. 20, states: ... drawn from Original Photographs and Ambrotypes, taken expressly for "THE ALMANAC.".... Library has a second impression of the lithograph (x 40-2) cut out in outline and laid down on cardboard which is inscribed indicating former ownership of William R. Gregg, Oakville, and Miss M. W. Gregg, Sudbury. Cooke's Church was on Queen St. E., n.w. corner Mutual St. TEC 37.8.

Publisher

WILSON, JOSEPH M., Philadelphia

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Lithograph on wove paper

Extent

160 x 127 mm.; sheet 211 x 144 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

975-18-2 Cab II