Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Observatory (1840), near s.e. corner of Convocation Hall. Toronto, Ont. Open in full size

Observatory (1840), near s.e. corner of Convocation Hall. Toronto, Ont.

Picture, 1852, English

Observatory (1840), near s.e. corner of Convocation Hall. Toronto, Ont.

Picture, 1852, English

Notes

Numerals inscribed on photograph refer to key in JRR catalogue, save "6" which former printed JRR caption identidied as "Vacant ground extending south to College street". Library has other photographs of the watercolour: D 1-11d and E 3-34a. Shows barracks at left. TEC 708Y.
Shows inscription l.r.: W. Armstrong / 1852.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Photograph coloured with water colour

Provenance

Gift of J. Ross Robertson

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1069 Cab