Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Trinity College (opened 1925), Hoskin Ave. Open in full size

Trinity College (opened 1925), Hoskin Ave.

Picture, 1923, English

Trinity College (opened 1925), Hoskin Ave.

Picture, 1923, English

Notes

A half-tone block after the print is in The Globe, Toronto, 5 June 1923, p. 13, with letterpress t.: AN IMPRESSIVE CEREMONY; b.: Laying of foundation-stone of new Trinity College, to be erected on Hoskin avenue. Arch-/ bishop Thorneloe is shown striking the stone, while Bishop J.F. Sweeny is on his left. To the left of / Archbishop Thorneloe is Rev. Provost and Vice-Chancellor C.A. Seager of Trinity, while to the left / of Bishop Sweeny stands Sir Robert Falconer. Date Created year accurate; month and day unknown for 1923
Inscribed in pencil, vso t.: Laying of cornerstone of / new Trinity College.; vso u.c.: 3 Cols. City

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Gelatin-silver print.

Extent

127 x 178 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

X 65-78