Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Open in full size

"The Cottage", Toronto.

Picture, 1867, English

"The Cottage", Toronto.

Picture, 1867, English

Notes

Built in 1833 for Thomas Mercer Jones, "The Cottage" was later occupied by James McGill Strachan. It stood on York St. at the n.w. cor. of Front St. W.
Inscribed in pencil, mount l.l.: "The Cottage" / Toronto / 1867 / from Pencil Drawing.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Watercolour & opaque white over pencil on wove paper. Formerly mounted on folio 8 recto detached from album Acc. 982-28

Extent

125 x 178 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

982-28-14