Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Central Methodist (United) Church (1905), Bloor St. E., n.w. cor. Park Rd.; portrait of James H. Hazlewood inset in the photograph. Open in full size

Central Methodist (United) Church (1905), Bloor St. E., n.w. cor. Park Rd.; portrait of James H. Hazlewood inset in the photograph.

Picture, 1913, English

Central Methodist (United) Church (1905), Bloor St. E., n.w. cor. Park Rd.; portrait of James H. Hazlewood inset in the photograph.

Picture, 1913, English

Notes

James H. Hazlewood was pastor of the church ca 1910-ca 1914. The building became Bloor St. Baptist Church ca 1928; Metropolitan Church ca 1929-1930; Calvary Tabernacle ca 1932-34; People's Church from ca 1935. The Toronto city directories list Henry Kraft, photographer, at 65 Yorkville Ave., from 1912 to 1915. See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/BLOOR ST. BAPTIST CHURCH; See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/METROPOLITAN CHURCH; See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/CALVARY TABERNACLE; See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/PEOPLE'S CHURCH
Photographer's stamp on vso: THE HOME STUDIO./65 YORKVILLE AVE.; Inscribed on vso: Dr Hazelwood & Central Church.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Photograph

Contributor

Kraft, Henry

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

978-23-50 Cab