Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Church of The Redeemer (Anglican) (1861-1879), Bloor St. W., north side, in present Bay St. Open in full size

Church of The Redeemer (Anglican) (1861-1879), Bloor St. W., north side, in present Bay St.

Picture, 1870, English

Church of The Redeemer (Anglican) (1861-1879), Bloor St. W., north side, in present Bay St.

Picture, 1870, English

Notes

Copy photo: E 4-77b; another copy photograph on mount with printed history of the church: 934-2-1. This building was originally St. Paul's Anglican Church (1842-1860), situated on the south side of Bloor St. betw. Church & Jarvis Sts. It was moved in 1861 and known as St. Paul's chapel-of-ease or Old St. Paul's until 1871 when it became the Church of the Redeemer. (REPRO of E 4-77b). See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/ST. PAUL'S ANGLICAN CHURCH (1860-1913), chapel-of-ease; See also TORONTO/CHURCHES/OLD ST. PAUL'S ANGLICAN CHURCH. TEC 70B

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

½ plate glass copy negative

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

E 9-208 Small