Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Scadding's House in 1795 Open in full size

Scadding's House in 1795

Picture, 188-, English

Scadding's House in 1795

Picture, 188-, English


After a pen and ink drawing by Elizabeth Simcoe, 1795 (Acc. X 18-25a).
Inscribed in pen and ink, scrapbook page b.: Water Color view from above Sketch = The first bridge / over the Don on the Kingston Road shewn in this sketch was long / known as Scadding's Bridge / See Toronto of Old p 28 & 218
John Scadding's cabin, Don R., e. side, s. of Queen St. E., was moved to the C.N.E. in 1879.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain


Water colour and black ink over pencil on wove paper. Mounted on scrapbook page


112 x 203 mm


Toronto Reference Library


Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

X 18-25b Cab II