Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Toronto Exchange, Wellington St. E., n. side, w. of Leader Lane Open in full size

Toronto Exchange, Wellington St. E., n. side, w. of Leader Lane

Picture, 1876, English

Toronto Exchange, Wellington St. E., n. side, w. of Leader Lane

Picture, 1876, English

Notes

Lithograph from Topographical and historical atlas of the county of Oxford, Toronto, Walker & Miles, 1876. After 1875, this building was the head office of Imperial Bank of Canada. See also TORONTO/BANKS/IMPERIAL BANK OF CANADA, Wellington St. E., n. side, w. of Leader Lane.
Printed inscription below image, l.l.: R. H. Chidley & Co. Toronto. Printed text, u.c.: IMPERIAL BANK OF CANADA. / HEAD OFFICE, TORONTO. / CAPITAL $1,000,000. / H. S. HOWLAND, PREST. T. R. MERRITT, VICE PREST. D. R. WILKIE CASHIER.; l.c.: BRANCHES. / ST. CATHERINES, INGERSOLL. / WELLAND, PORT COLBORNE.

Publisher

Walker & Miles, Toronto

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Lithograph.

Extent

224 (341 with text) x 283 mm

Contributor

Walker & Miles

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

B 3-36a