Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Temple Building (Toronto) Open in full size

Temple Building (Toronto)

Picture, 1896, English

Temple Building (Toronto)

Picture, 1896, English

Notes

Inscribed in the print, l.l.: Geo. W. Gouinlock / Architect / Toronto; l.r.: Hughson Hawley. /96. / THE TORONTO LITHO. CO. LIMITED.; b.: Temple Building / HEADQUARTERS OF / THE INDEPENDENT ORDER OF FORESTERS. / TORONTO. A piece (35 x 271) of the bottom of the sheet (bearing last three lines of inscription) has been cut off and is now separate. Frame separate. Former negative T 12395. Opened 1899 on Richmond St., n.w. cor. Bay St.; top storey (shown) added 1901; demolished 1970. TEC 433.3

Publisher

Toronto Lithographic Company

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Colour lithograph on wove paper

Extent

883 x 756 mm (comp. slightly trimmed t. & left); 917 x 756 mm (sheet not including piece of bottom now separate)

Contributor

Hawley, Hughson, 1850-1936), after

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

971-5 Cab III Outsize