Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

House, 327 Steeles Avenue East, south side, east of Bayview Open in full size

House, 327 Steeles Avenue East, south side, east of Bayview

Picture, 1964,

House, 327 Steeles Avenue East, south side, east of Bayview

Picture, 1964,

Notes

Lot 25, Con. 2 East. Steeles Ave. - 327. House at 327 Steeles Ave, on the north half of lot 25. Owned by Joseph Abraham (1833), John Coats (1879), Willis Archelaus (1895), and Thomas Ford (1896). Joseph Abraham (also Abrahams or Abram) opened the Green Bush Inn in 1830, on the northeast corner of the intersection of Steeles and Yonge. The house was demolished January 1973.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © North York Historical Society

Medium

Negative

Extent

63 x 62 mm

Provenance

Toronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.

Call Number / Accession Number

NYHS00785