Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Riley House Open in full size

Riley House

Picture, 1964,

Riley House

Picture, 1964,

Notes

Lot 22, Con. 5 West. Weston Rd. and Finch Ave. House built on the east side of Weston, north of Finch in about 1915 for Riley's hired man. Riley (also spelled Reilly) was originally from Peterborough, where his father was a blacksmith. He bought his land from the Crossons in 1887. House built from logs from blacksmith shop at south-west corner of Finch and Weston.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © North York Historical Society

Medium

Negative

Extent

60 x 61 mm

Provenance

Toronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.

Call Number / Accession Number

NYHS00656