Emery Station Open in full size

Emery Station

Picture, 190-,

Emery Station

Picture, 190-,

Notes

Lot 20, Con. 5 West. Finch Ave. Emery Station, on the south side of Finch, east of Weston. This station in Emery was a flag station built for the Toronto Grey and Bruce Railway in 1870. Between 1881 and 1884 the line was acquired by the Canadian Pacific Railroad and was moved slightly west because of a drainage problem, away from the first location of Emery station. After the realignment, the station was on the west side of the tracks at its intersection with Finch. Though the rails are still there today, the station is no longer standing.

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Negative

Extent

59 x 92 mm

Provenance

Toronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.

Call Number / Accession Number

NYHS00644