Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Evangelical church that was Newtonbrook fourth schoolhouse Open in full size

Evangelical church that was Newtonbrook fourth schoolhouse

Picture, 196-,

Evangelical church that was Newtonbrook fourth schoolhouse

Picture, 196-,

Notes

Lot 22, Con. 1 West. In 1878 the fourth schoolhouse of the village of Newtonbrook opened at 43 Drewry Avenue. The red brick building included a single mixed-grade classroom and living quarters for the teacher. It was a school until 1928, then sold in 1930 to the Newtonbrook Gospel Mission. The building was demolished in 1997.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © North York Historical Society

Medium

Negative

Extent

67 x 46 mm

Provenance

Toronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.

Branch

North York Central Library

Location

Local History Reference

Call Number / Accession Number

NYHS00537