Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Emery Public School Open in full size

Emery Public School

Picture, 1961,

Emery Public School

Picture, 1961,

Notes

Lot 21, Con. 5 West. Weston Rd. and Finch Ave. Emery Public School, built in 1914. This was the third school built on Weston Rd. The first was a log building, situated half a mile south of Finch (1834 ca.). The second was a brick school built in 1851 that stood next to the site of Emery Public School. The 1914 school was administered by School Section No. 19 of York Township. None are still standing.

Rights and Licenses

Copyright © North York Historical Society

Medium

Print

Extent

81 x 82 mm

Provenance

Toronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.

Call Number / Accession Number

NYHS00088