Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

Destruction of the Parliament House, Montreal, April 25th, 1849 Open in full size

Destruction of the Parliament House, Montreal, April 25th, 1849

Picture, 1849, English

Destruction of the Parliament House, Montreal, April 25th, 1849

Picture, 1849, English

Notes

Inscribed on the stone, l.l.: Sketched on the Spot, & drawn on Stone by E. Hides.; l.r.: MATTHEWS' LITH.; b.: DESTRUCTION OF THE PARLIAMENT HOUSE, MONTREAL, APRIL 25TH. 1849. Allodi 1980 102; deVolpi 95. St. Ann's Market became the Parliament House for the province of Canada in 1844

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Lithograph and water colour on wove paper. Laid down on cardboard

Extent

259 (trimmed, t.) x 414 (trimmed at sides; with text); sheet (trimmed) 270 x 414 mm

Provenance

Gift of J. Ross Robertson

Contributor

Matthews' Lithography (Montreal)

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1860 Cab II