Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The Battleground of Lundy's Lane. (Niagara Falls, Ont.) Open in full size

The Battleground of Lundy's Lane. (Niagara Falls, Ont.)

Picture, 1897, English

The Battleground of Lundy's Lane. (Niagara Falls, Ont.)

Picture, 1897, English

Notes

View keyed in black ink, on road right of centre, top: *; bottom: *; u.r.:+; upper extreme right:+; Original wood gilt mat inscribed in ink, b.: The Battle Ground of Lundy's Lane. / Township of Stamford, County Lincoln, Upper Canada, as in 1897. / Fought in 1814.; l.l.: This Water Color, made on the spot, / in August 1897 for J. Ross Robertson by / E. Wyly Grier.; l.r.: Burial Ground used before and / since the Battle.; c.l.: Brititsh Retreat / at one point of / Battle.; u.r.: Brock's Monument.; u.c.: Lundy's Lane / **; u.r.: Rapids above Falls. /+; u.r.: Rapids. / Bridgewater Bay. /+; u.r.: Distant Spires of Buffalo. JRR Collection ticket mounted on mat l.l. JRR(1912) 90 Catalogued December 1981

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Water colour over pencil on 2 sheets joined together. Laid down cardboard mount

Extent

184 x 1021 mm

Provenance

Gift of J. Ross Robertson

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

JRR 1298 Fra