Skip Navigation

Digital Archive Ontario

Current and historical content, curated by Toronto Public Library

The 'Donna del Lago', Toronto Bay Open in full size

The 'Donna del Lago', Toronto Bay

Picture, 186-, English

The 'Donna del Lago', Toronto Bay

Picture, 186-, English

Notes

Inscribed in pencil, l.c.: Armstrong.; In pencil, in T. A. Reed's hand, l.l.: Simcoe St.; l.c.: Bishop Strachan's House.; l.r.: sketch of Yacht club headquarters / 1860-69. R C Y C foot of York St.; vso t.: This sketch shows Dr. Barron's / lateen-rigged skiff Donna del Lago / (Lady of the Lake); vso c.: The picture was painted for Dr. Barron of Stratford / who owned the Donna del Lago. / Father of Mr. Justice Barron.
Library has two photographs (B 2-72b & B 10-18), both with printed variant keys, of a replica by Armstrong of this view.
Looking north from the foot of Simcoe St., showing Rees' Wharf at left, and steamer 'Provincial' (formerly 'Wilmington') in use as R.C.Y.C. club-house.
Oval mat opening drawn in pencil.
Rev. April 1983
TEC 689.01

Rights and Licenses

Public Domain

Medium

Water colour, with touches of opaque white, over pencil on laminated wove paper

Extent

247 x 372 mm

Branch

Toronto Reference Library

Location

Baldwin Collection

Call Number / Accession Number

E 1-21e Cab IV (Armstrong)