How to confirm your email address
When you sign up for email notification or change your email address, you need to confirm your email address. If you do not complete this confirmation step, you will be notified by telephone instead of email.
- Go to the Notification Settings tab in your account.
- Add or update your email address.
- Click Save Changes.
- Check your email. Open your email program and look for a confirmation message from Toronto Public Library.
- Click the link in the confirmation email.
- Add email@example.com to the contact list in your email program to make sure your notifications don't end up as junk mail.
If you do not receive the confirmation email
- Check your Notification Settings to make sure you entered your email address correctly.
- Check the junk mail folder in your email program.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email program's contact list to make sure messages from the library don't end up in junk mail.
- Click this link to send a new confirmation email to your email address (you may be prompted to sign in).
- If you're having trouble, contact us to have staff add your email address to our system.
Why we ask you to confirm your email address
We want to make sure you will receive your email notifications.
The two-step confirmation process is a best practice to validate that:
- You have typed your email address correctly.
- Messages from Toronto Public Library are not going into your junk mail.
- You want to receive emails from us (and don't consider them spam).