Notification via TTY (telephone service for the deaf) is also available.
You will receive the following notifications:
- Hold pickup notices: hold notifications are sent the day after your hold arrives at your pickup branch.
- Overdue item reminders: notifications are sent when you have checked-out items that are 7 days overdue or 21 days overdue.
- Card expiry reminders: notifications are sent 30 days before your card is set to expire.
If you choose email notification, you can also opt in to receive:
- Due date reminders 2 days before your checked-out items are due.
eBook hold notifications are managed separately through the OverDrive service.
Manage your notification settings
To choose how you want to be notified or update your contact information, go to the Notification Settings tab in your account.
- Choose Email or Telephone.
- Check the Due Date Reminders checkbox if you're opting for email notification and want to receive reminder emails.
- Add or update your email address and phone number.
- Click Save Changes.
- If you have added or updated your email address, follow the steps for email address confirmation.
Help with email notification:
Telephone numbers we will call
The library will make notification calls to the following telephone area codes:
Problems with telephone notification
If you are not receiving your telephone notifications, here are two things to check:
- Is the telephone number in your library account correct? You can update your telephone number in your account or contact us to confirm that the phone number we have on file is correct.
- Is your telephone number within one of the area codes we call? Check the list of area codes above.
Unfortunately, our telephone notification system seems to experience difficulty with certain types of messaging systems. If you are having ongoing problems receiving telephone messages from the library, the best solution is to change to email notification if you can.