Wireless Internet Access Tips
Toronto Public Library offers free wireless Internet access. To use the wireless network with your Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, follow the steps below.
- Open your connection settings to see available wireless networks.
- Select the Toronto Public Library network and click Connect.
- Open your web browser.
- Check the box acknowledging that you accept the terms and conditions referenced in the Service Guidelines.
- Click Connect to be directed to the Toronto Public Library homepage.
Need help? For technical support, please call 1-888-855-3555.
- Printing is not available from the wireless network. You can print by transferring your file to one of the wired computers - ask staff if you need assistance.
- You may plug your laptop in to an electrical outlet if one is available. You may be asked to unplug your laptop if your electrical cord causes a safety hazard.
- The wireless Internet service will disconnect only if you disconnect from the Internet or turn off your laptop. There is no limit on how long you may stay connected.
- A limited number of users can access the service simultaneously. If the maximum number of users is already on the network, you will not be able to connect.
- Internet speed depends on the time of day, the number of customers using the network and the types of activity it's being used for.
- Library staff can explain the service guidelines and provide basic instructions on how to connect to the network, but can't offer technical assistance or handle customers' equipment.
- Need help connecting to the wireless service? Please call 1-888-855-3555, the toll-free telephone number for technical support from Spyders, our wireless provider.
- Note that the network is not secure. Third parties may be able to obtain information about your activities when using the wireless service. The Library assumes no responsibility for the security and privacy of on-line transactions.