Collection Reproduction Services
The Library is a great source of visual documentation on a wide array of subjects. Search our site for illustrated publications, visit our Special Collections Centre at the Toronto Reference Library or explore the Library's online Digital Archive for images.
Ordering a Reproduction
Submit the Reproduction Order Form to the library or department who cares for the item you want reproduced in person, by mail, email or fax. Please use the order codes so we know if you're asking for a digital or print reproduction. If you're not sure of your digital requirements, call us at 416-393-7156 for help.
Photographic and Digital Reproduction Service
Toronto Public Library
789 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario M4W 2G8
Attention:Special Collections Department
Attention: Special Collections Department
Email: email@example.com - Subject: Image order from website
Telephone Enquiries: 416-393-7156
|Digital Image Size||Fee Charged|
|Existing digital image (any size original)||$25.00|
|New digital image - from original - any size up to, but not including, 11"x17"||$25.00|
|New digital image from 11"x17" to 40"x60"||$50.00|
|Set up fee for oversize (one fee per order)||$50.00|
|CD or DVD||$2.00|
|Products and Services||Fees|
|8" x 10"||$25.00|
|16" x 20"||$50.00|
|Mailing Within Canada||$3.50 minimum|
|Mailing International||$5.00 minimum|
- In-person - Payment is due on pickup and can be made on the first floor of the Toronto Reference Library at the Information Desk using cash, cheque, money order or credit card.
- For mail, courier or electronic delivery, orders must be paid in advance using cheque, money order or credit card.
- All applicable taxes will be charged.
- Digital orders are processed on a first-come-first-served basis, however they are normally completed within 10 working days. Orders of 10 or more items take longer to process. Staff will notify customers when orders are completed.
- For 2 business day rush orders, add 100% of the price.
- Courier delivery can be arranged for a customer with a valid courier account. Free delivery of electronic files by e-mail, FTP or free file sharing service is also available.
The Toronto Public library can neither grant nor deny permission to copy or publish photographs and other reproductions purchased from this office. It is the recipient's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions (such as donor restrictions, privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks) when using, publishing or otherwise distributing materials received from Toronto Public Library.
Only library materials will be reproduced.
Reproduction of images on commercial merchandise may involve licensing fees.
For printed reproductions, digital files are not provided.
If material reproduced from the Library's collections is published, a credit line, "Courtesy of Toronto Public Library" is appreciated.