There are currently five branches offering laptops for customers to borrow and use in the library. The service will be expanding to include more branches in the near future.
About the Service
- Laptops are for in-branch use only
- Laptops may be borrowed for 2 hours and renewed for 2 additional hours
- You can connect to the library's wireless service to access the Internet
- Bring your own flash drive (or you can buy one at the branch) to save your files
- To print your files, transfer them to any one of the library's wired computers and print from there
- Fort York (5 laptops available)
- Jane/Sheppard (10 laptops available)
- Mount Dennis (5 laptops available)
- Scarborough Civic Centre (5 laptops available)
- St. Lawrence (5 laptops available)
- Toronto Reference Library (5 laptops available)
To Borrow a Laptop
- You need a valid library card
- You will be asked to fill out an agreement form the first time you borrow a laptop. Forms are kept on file at the branch. Customers under the age of 18 need to have the form signed by their parent or guardian in person.