Effective Date: December 9, 2013
You are responsible for the content you post to a Channel. The Library reserves the right to delete, remove, or not accept, any content you submit that the Library believes, in its sole and unfettered discretion, is objectionable or that:
- may be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or discriminatory;
- impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or organization;
- may infringe another person's intellectual property rights, including copyright;
- is personal information published without the consent of the person to whom the information relates;
- is unrelated to the content of the relevant Channel;
- links to material that is not directly related to the discussion on the relevant Channel;
- is commercial promotion or spam;
- violates any law or material not in keeping with the safe and welcoming environment of the Library.
While the Library will attempt to remove or edit any such objectionable content, it may not be possible to review all content immediately. Therefore, you acknowledge that all content submitted to a Channel, other than content submitted by, or on behalf of the Library, expresses the views and opinions of the person submitting it and the Library bears no liability for the content. In accordance with the Library's policies and procedures, the Library may take appropriate action in response to incidents and issues up to, and including, legal action.
The content you submit to a Channel remains your property, but by submitting it, you give the Library an ongoing license to use, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, transmit, modify, adapt and create derivative works of, such content without payment of any compensation to you. You also waive any moral rights you may have in any content you submit. This license continues even if you stop using the relevant Channel.
You also agree that you will respect the intellectual property rights of others when using the Channels, and represent that you have all of the necessary rights to grant the Library this license for all content you submit to a Channel.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Library, and its officials and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of these Terms and Conditions or your violation of any rights of another through your use of a Channel.
All content contributed by, or on behalf of, the Library to its Channels, remains the property of the Library. In order to reproduce this content, you require permission from the Library, except that you are permitted to:
- download and print copies of the content for your personal and non-commercial purposes; and
- place links to Channels on your own websites or on social media.
A Channel may contain links to other sites not maintained by or related to the Library. Such links are not sponsored by, endorsed or otherwise affiliated with the Library or its products and services. The Library may not have reviewed all of the sites linked to a Channel and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or links to any other sites. Viewing all other sites is at your own risk.
Use of and browsing the Channels is done at user's own risk. The Library shall not be liable for any damages arising out of your access to, or use of, or browsing the Channels or uploading content to a Channel including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of such use or access. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Channels is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.