The Sell Books pilot program will conclude on March 31, 2015. We will no longer buy books from the public after that date. We will continue to accept book donations at our branches.
Wondering what to do with that book you just bought once you've read it?
We're buying popular new adult fiction books at the Toronto Reference Library.
What you need to know:
- Your book must be on our list of popular adult fiction titles that are currently in high demand
- The list of books eligible for purchase will be updated on the first day of every month, so be sure to check regularly
- Books must be in like-new condition, as defined in our Guidelines for acceptance
- Books are being purchased at the Toronto Reference Library only. Bring books to the main floor circulation desk
- If your book meets our criteria, we'll buy it for $5
Guidelines for acceptance
Books in excellent (almost new) condition including original dust jacket
Books that are:
- Soiled - Dirty or stained, including food or water damage, mildew or mould
- Damaged - Loose, torn, dog-eared, missing pages or broken binding
- Marked - Highlighted, written-in, taped or underlined
- Insect infested
- Smelling unpleasant - smoky, musty or mouldy
Another option: book donations
If your book isn't on the list but you'd still like to make room on your bookshelf for your next great read, consider donating it.