The Writers' Room offers a quiet and convenient place to work with ready access to the Toronto Reference Library collections and to librarians for research support. Use of the Writers' Room requires an application and depends on availability.
Where is the Writers' Room and what does it include?
- 3rd Floor at Toronto Reference Library
- One room with 4 individual work spaces
- Power outlets and access to wireless internet
- A small lounge
Who can use the Writers' Room?
- Writers, published or unpublished
- Writers must apply to use the space and need to have a valid TPL library card
How do I apply?
- Admission to the Writers' Room is for a period of six months - January to June, or July to December
- A new application is required for each six month residency period
- Applications are accepted throughout the year
- Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of application. If accepted, applicants will be provided with more information about the facility and guidelines for use
- Please complete and save this application form (PDF) and email to the TRL Languages & Literature Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. If preferred, a print application is available at the Languages & Literature department on the 4th floor of Toronto Reference Library
When is the Writers' Room available?
- The Writers' Room is available whenever Toronto Reference Library is open
- Work spaces may be booked for up to 4 hours per day through the Languages & Literature Information Desk (416-393-7085)