The Parkdale branch has a collection of musical instruments you can borrow for free with your library card.
Call Parkdale staff at 416-393-7686 for more information.
Classical and Acoustic Guitars
- Classical and Acoustic Left and right-handed ½, ¾, and full-size guitars
- Soprano ukuleles
- Acoustic bass guitars
- Electric Guitars with Amp
- Electric Bass with Amp
- Travel Guitars
- Concert Ukulele
- Cajon Box drum
- Djembe African drum
- Bongo drum
- Dholak (South Asian hand drum)
- Tabla (Indian drum)
¼, ½, ¾, and full-size violins
- 61-note keyboard
- 88-note keyboard
- French Horns
- Alto Saxophones
- Recorders (Soprano, Sopranino, Alto, Tenor)
How instrument lending works
Borrowing an instrument
- Instruments can only be borrowed at Parkdale branch. Call the branch at 416-393-7686 to find out if the instrument you want is available.
- Make sure you have a valid Toronto Public Library card. If you need to renew your card or get a new card, bring the required identification.
- You will be asked to sign a Musical Instrument Lending Agreement. For children under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the agreement.
- Instruments must be returned to Parkdale branch.
Rules and conditions
- You may borrow 1 instrument at a time.
- The loan period for an instrument is 3 weeks. You are allowed 2 renewals, which means you can keep the instrument for up to 9 weeks in total.
- If you are late returning an instrument, you will be charged an overdue fine.
- If you lose or damage an instrument or its accessories, you will be charged a replacement fee.
Caring for musical instruments
Learn how to take care of the instruments you borrow. These videos will show you how.
Check out these upcoming music programs.
About the service
The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library is the first of its kind in the city, and also the first in public libraries across Canada! With generous support from Sun Life Financial through their Making the Arts More Accessible program, Toronto Public Library is offering a collection of musical instruments.