Toronto Public Library's 100th branch is scheduled to open in Spring 2015.
Photo credit: LGA Architectural Partners/Phillip H. Carter Architects in Joint Venture
The branch will be located in the Scarborough Centre area on Borough Drive, adjacent to the south side of the Scarborough Civic Centre, and will feature:
- A collection of 50,000 books, audiobooks, magazines and DVDs in English, Chinese, Gujarati and Tamil
- Free wifi and 18 public access computers
- A Digital Innovation Hub that makes new technologies, including 3D printing, available to all
- A KidsStop Interactive Early Literacy Centre for children birth to five and their caregivers to learn and play together
- Programs for kids, teens and adults
- An outdoor reading garden and green roof
Building A Library - TPL Scarborough Civic Centre Branch from LGA Architectural Partners/Phillip H. Carter Architects in Joint Venture on Vimeo.
Photos (Winter 2015)
The view from Borough Drive.
Main entrance area.
The branch surrounded by the Scarborough Civic Centre and Town Centre condos.
A peek inside.
Future home of the KidsStop
early literacy centre.
Installing raised flooring. Mechanical and electrical systems are placed underneath, maximizing space so patrons will fully enjoy the spruce wood ceiling and views.
Soon to be a bright program room.
View to the reading garden.