The 100th branch is now open.
The branch is located at 156 Borough Drive, near the Scarborough Centre TTC station.
Latest blog posts about Scarborough Civic Centre Branch
The branch is located in the Scarborough Centre area on Borough Drive, adjacent to the south side of the Scarborough Civic Centre, and will feature:
- A collection of 40,000 books, audiobooks, magazines and DVDs in English, Chinese, Gujarati and Tamil
- Free wifi and 18 public access computers
- A Digital Innovation Hub that makes new technologies, including 3D printing, available to all
- A KidsStop Interactive Early Literacy Centre for children birth to five and their caregivers to learn and play together
- Programs for kids, teens and adults
- An outdoor reading garden and green roof
Building a Library
Photo Credit: Ben Rahn/A-Frame
Building A Library - TPL Scarborough Civic Centre Branch from LGA Architectural Partners/Phillip H. Carter Architects in Joint Venture on Vimeo.
A Peek Inside
KidsStop early literacy centre with an environmental theme
Inside the branch
Chinese Lion Dance on opening day
These are the first books returned to the branch!
Bharatanatyam dancers on opening day
Eager customers checking out items on opening day
Teens hanging out