Get small business advice from the library's new Entrepreneur in Residence, Mike Brcic.
About Mike Brcic
Mike Brcic is the founder of Sacred Rides, an adventure tourism company that offers mountain bike tours of the surrounding area. The company was ranked the "#1 Mountain Bike Tour Company on Earth" by National Geographic Adventure and generates over $2M in annual revenue.
Mike recently completed his tenure as the Dean of Social Entrepreneurship at the world-renowned Centre for Social Innovation, where he lead training for social entrepreneurs striving to make the world a better place while making a profit.
Mike's skill lies in breaking down seemingly complex business and entrepreneurship concepts and ideas into simple, easy-to-replicate steps that show entrepreneurs the steps to apply theory to their own businesses.
Apply to meet with Mike Brcic for one-on-one advice on your small business plan or idea:
Submit a two page outline of your proposed business idea or plan by answering the following questions:
- Tell us about your business idea, service or product in 1-2 paragraphs. Who is your customer? What need are you fulfilling?
- What is your vision and mission and how does this fit into your personal goal?
- What experience and knowledge do you have in the area you are interested?
- Do you have a plan or strategy?
- Please indicate the top two areas where you need help the most now:
a) Market research for your idea, service or product
b) Promotion & marketing
c) Social media and online know-how
d) Financial fundamentals
- What are the qualities and characteristics of an entrepreneur?
Please include any questions for Mike Brcic not covered in the above
Note: An application does not guarantee a meeting. Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their submission and the total number of applicants that can be scheduled. Applications will not be returned, but will be confidentially deleted if a meeting is not scheduled.
- Mike Brcic will review your submission and meet with a select number of applicants to review their plans, provide feedback and recommendations, and point out available resources that may be beneficial. Each meeting is a 30-45 minute one-on-one session at no cost.
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted until October 31 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your 2 page outline as a PDF file
- Complete, save and attach this User Agreement Form (PDF)
- Meetings are by appointment only and will be arranged by library staff to take place at Toronto Reference Library or North York Central Library. In the email, include your contact information and preferred meeting location.
For further information, contact the Business, Science & Technology at Toronto Reference Library: 416-393-7149