Get help from the library's new Entrepreneur in Residence, Sunny Verma, founder and CEO of TutorBright. Sunny Verma is passionate about entrepreneurship. After completing his Masters of Business Entrepreneurship and Technology at the University of Waterloo, Sunny started TutorBright, a company focused on helping students reach their potential. What started out as a very small company operating out of Sunny's apartment, TutorBright is now in more than 30 cities, working with thousands of students. Sunny is an advocate of self-employment, dedicating his time to help individuals realize their dreams through entrepreneurship.
One-On-One Mentoring: How to Apply
Apply to meet with Sunny Verma for one-on-one advice on your small business plan or idea:
Submit a 2 page outline of your proposed business idea or plan by answering the following questions:
- Tell us about your business idea, service or product in 1-2 paragraphs. Who is your customer? What need are you fulfilling?
- What is your vision and mission and how does this fit into your personal goal?
- What experience and knowledge do you have in the area you are interested?
- Do you have a plan or strategy?
- Please indicate the top two areas where you need help the most now:
a) Market research for your idea, service or product
b) Promotion & marketing
c) Social media and online know-how
d) Financial fundamentals
- What are the qualities and characteristics of an entrepreneur?
Please include any questions for Sunny Verma not covered in the above.
Note: An application does not guarantee a meeting. Applicants will be selected based on the strength of their submission and the total number of applicants that can be scheduled. Applications will not be returned, but will be confidentially deleted if a meeting is not scheduled.
- Sunny Verma will review your submission and meet with a select number of applicants to review their plans, provide feedback and recommendations, and point out available resources that may be beneficial. Each meeting is a 30-45 minute one-on-one session at no cost.
- Deadline: Applications will be accepted until October 31 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your 2 page outline as a PDF file
- Complete, save and attach this User Agreement Form
- Meetings are by appointment only and will be arranged by library staff to take place at Toronto Reference Library or North York Central Library. In the email, include your contact information and preferred meeting location.
For further information, contact the Business, Science & Technology at Toronto Reference Library: 416-393-7149